- Find hosting and make a wordpress website. Contact me if you would like help with this.
- Pick a niche, a niche is one topic to write about, the more specific your niche is, the easier it will be to rank on google. Here is a good article about affiliate niches. Hand Curated List of 115+ Best Niches for Affiliate Marketing In 2022
- Create an account and put your website on Google Search Console
- Create an account with Google Analytics to track your traffic
- I recommend adding the Yoast SEO plugin to your website to help with keywords and SEO tips
- Find five websites about your niche that you like and model after them….not copy…just model for ideas on what is working and for good ideas.
- Pick a target audience, it is helpful if you can have a very specific audience in mind while writing. I like to pick an actual person I know who could use the advice I am giving and make them my target audience.
- Write 50-100 article posts in your niche using keywords
- Make each post 1,000 – 2,000 words long.
- Use backlinks, get your website linked on other websites. This is tough, you need to build relationships with other writers, interview them, get interviewed on their websites, ask them if you can create a guest post on their website. I would not worry too much about this one in the beginning, but keep it in the back of your mind for the future in case you come across an opportunity.
- Use keywords, find out what others are ranking for and write articles about those keywords. Semrush is a good site to use to find this out. Put the keywords in your post titles. Also, the domain name is the most important place you can put a keyword for SEO purposes. URLs matter the most, but headings, and having the keywords in your content are also good.
- Put affiliate links in your website posts. Here is an article on where to find good affiliate links How Do I Begin With Affiliate Marketing
- Write about 50-100 posts (or more) about keywords and topics related to your niche.
- Pick 4-5 content pillars that surround your niche to focus on. For example, if you are writing about gardening, your content pillars could be How To Tutorials on how to grow plants, Reviews for the best types of plants to buy, Patio gardening, Sustainable living.
- Create a facebook group page that links back to your website
- Use Tiktok, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, or Twitter to promote your website, tiktok is the best place for marketing right now.
It is important to understand that niches websites are a long game. After three months, your traffic will be in the hundreds. After six months, maybe in the thousands. And after a year, you should be getting a good amount of traffic if you followed the steps and have quality content.
Also, it does not have to be perfect. Following all of these steps is really hard. It is more important to start and to not give up than it is to perfectly do everything correctly.
If you have started a niche website, comment with the link to it below. We would love to help support your growth and see what you are building.